Sclerotherapy is one of the effective and widely used treatments for treating varicose vein treatment Boise. The treatment is the best option for people who do not want to undergo surgery to encourage blood flow, leading to your varicose or spider veins disappearing.
After your doctor recommends sclerotherapy, you will be guided on how to prepare before your sclerotherapy and post-sclerotherapy care you should take. However, you may be worried about what you should do and should not. So, below we have covered all the dos and don’ts of sclerotherapy.
- Purchase your compression stockings before your treatment so that you do not have to rush to purchase one after your treatment. It would be best if you carried your stocking during the treatment.
- Do wear your compression stockings for at least 14 days following sclerotherapy. You do not need to wear it during bathing or sleeping.
- Avoid getting tan before the treatment. Avoid sun exposure or getting tan at least one month prior to your scheduled treatment.
- Wear comfortable clothes during your treatment. Wearing uncomfortable clothes can intervene during your treatment.
- Do take your medications as advised by the doctor on time. Whether they are pain killers or anti-inflammatory tablets, make sure you ask the doctor about how and when to take them.
- Do keep walking or move your leg to avoid the formation of blood clots on your leg.
- Keep the compression bandage and cotton balls for 24 hours after your treatment. After 24 hours, if you experience any allergies, let your doctor know so they can assist you in getting proper treatment.
Click here – Credit Card and Debit Card – 5 Notable Differences
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for at least one month after sclerotherapy. Sun exposure can lead to hyperpigmentation of your skin. Therefore, if you are going in the sun, make sure you cover the treated area properly.
- Do not take hot baths or showers after your sclerotherapy for at least a week.
- Do not lift excessive weight or do heavy exercise for a few weeks after sclerotherapy.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol at least two days before sclerotherapy, as it can disturb the healing process.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory, ibuprofen, or aspirin medications at least seven days before your appointment.
- Do not use a moisturizer or any cream before your treatment.
- Do not shave your leg before the treatment.
All the tips mentioned above will help to ensure your treatment is effective. However, contact your doctor immediately if you experience any reaction after your treatment.
Click here – 10 Engine Maintenance Tips – Must For A Good Car Care